The Metropolitan State University Library is part of Minnesota State whose Board sets the policy for acceptable computer use.
Violating these rules may result in the loss of computer and/or Library privileges.
By accepting a computer access session, the user agrees to comply with all Library rules and regulations.
Individuals will not:
- Share any account or password assigned to the user by the university with any other individual, including family members
- Circumvent any security controls on the system
- Install or download any software onto the computer
- Engage in any use that includes:
- Activities in violation of the law
- Operating a private business or commercial activity
- Viewing obscene or pornographic images or materials
Users will be expected to:
- Play audio at a volume that cannot be heard by others. Headphones are required.
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for monitoring internet access for their children who are minors.
For further information, see Minnesota State Board Policy 5.22 Acceptable Use of Computers and Information Technology Resources.