Library Services for Alumni
The Metropolitan State University Library and Learning Center welcomes alumni. In addition, in a unique partnership, we share our building with the Dayton’s Bluff Branch of the Saint Paul Public Library. You are welcome to use the services and resources of both libraries.
As an alumni user, you may take advantage of many of our services, including:
- Check out books and other resources (with card)
- Interlibrary Loan services, up to 5 items per month. (Please inquire about this when you request your card.)
- Reference and research assistance
- Computer workstations (with card)
- Printing and photocopying (for a fee)
- Public study tables and seating
- Study rooms
An alumni card is available to persons who have graduated from Metropolitan State. You will need to show your photo ID or Metropolitan State student ID, and we will verify your alumni status.
See our Checkouts and Renewals page for details about check-out periods, fines and more.
Designated computers are available for community and alumni use on the first floor of the library. Community users are allowed two log-ins to these computers per day, each for up to one hour.
Alumni may access Metropolitan State online databases from workstations in the library. Current database license agreements do not permit off-campus access to alumni users.
The State of Minnesota offers remote access to many online databases through Electronic Library of Minnesota (ELM).